Under limited direction, the Networking Engineer is responsible for design, provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This person is expected to be a subject matter expert leading and delivering multiple projects for traditional and converged data center network technologies. In addition to day-to-day Network responsibilities, the Networking Engineer will also input to network architecture to ensure appropriate technology strategy to meet business requirements. This individual should be a highly qualified network Engineer with up-to-date hands-on skills. In addition, the ability to interact with distributed engineers, customers, and all levels of senior executive staff.
Essential RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Anticipates potential problems associated with network infrastructure or service level trends
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Creating data center networking architectures and designs, including architectural standards and principles, general design documentation, bills of material, and configurations
- Assisting business analysts in resolving reported customer issues.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation and infrastructure drawings.
- Review system logs assuring optimal performance.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, NetMon, Wireshark, etc.)
- Expert knowledge and skills with Cisco Nexus 9Ks, 7Ks, and 5Ks using NX-OS.
- Expert knowledge with Enterprise WAN technologies/protocols leveraging Cisco ASR and ISR routers.
- Proficiency in routing/switching: preferably BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VLANs, STP, VTP, IOS, NX-OS.
- Proficiency in security/firewalls: Cisco ASA/Firepower experience required, experience with Palo Alto preferred.
- Strong understanding of server and network virtualization technologies, including ESX standard and distributed switches, ASA virtual contexts, VRFs, VPCs, and VDCs.
- Proficiency in creating data center networking architectures and designs, including architectural standards and principles, general design documentation, bills of material, and configurations.
- Thorough knowledge of network security Intrusion Detection and Prevention (Preferably Cisco IPS and Sourcefire technologies).
- Granular knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, Netflow, and network management
- Advanced experience with scripting tools and network automation is a plus (Preferably Python)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage customer expectations.
- Ability to author, present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend technical solutions.
- Adaptable professional with ability to drive change to transform systems and processes.
- Understanding of security and segregation of duty requirements for an enterprise system.
- Collaborative personality with excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to visualize the big picture and manage last minute details.
Motivated and strong work ethic.